Wed, Jun 23|
Join Us for 'Just the Facts': A Public Forum on Saving LBI!
REGISTER NOW! Join us June 23, 2021 from 7-9 pm EDT to hear from unbiased experts and learn how the massive Atlantic Shores wind project will impact LBI's seashore and coastal environment, marine life, economy, home values and our way of life.
Time & Location
Jun 23, 2021, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
About the event
* Once registered, you will receive a Zoom link to the meeting.
Join us for 'Just the Facts' a public forum that will enable you to learn the truth about the wind project planned for the entire coast of LBI. The forum will be held on Wednesday, June 23 rd , starting at 7:00 pm eastern.
Confirmed speakers to date for the event, which will be conducted via zoom include:
- Dr. Robert Stern, an engineer who previously managed the office in the U.S. Department of Energy that oversaw the protection of the environment as it relates to energy programs and projects, will discuss the technical aspects of the project, the lease process conducted by the federal Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) and the benefits of the Hudson South Call Area which is a far superior location for the proposed project.
- Dr. David Tuerck, PhD, from the Beacon Hill Institute in Boston will present an overview of the study he and his team conducted in 2011 titled: The Cost and Benefit of New Jersey's Offshore Wind Initiative. The study itself can be accessed here: https://www.beaconhill.org/BHIStudies/NJ-Wind-2011/NJWindReport2011-06.pdf
- Beach Haven, NJ Mayor Colleen Lambert (or a borough representative) will share her perspective on the project and an overview of local actions taken to date.
- Duane Watlington, Founder and President of Vacation Rentals LBI (VRLBI), will provide his perspective on the economic impact of the proposed project as it relates to vacation rentals.
- Greg Cudnick, owner of Fisherman’s Headquarters in Ship Bottom, will share his perspective on the project’s impact on fishing as well as the planned offshore cable connections.
The public is invited to attend the meeting, which will be conducted via Zoom. Anyone who is interested in attending can register for the event by accessing the Coalition’s website here: https://www.savelbi.org